Thursday, March 15, 2012

Google IO 2012

By the way, the Google IO 2012 registration dates were announced a couple of days ago:
https://developers.google.com/events/io/register

I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll get the ticket (if I'm lucky enough).

I went to Google IO for two years before in 2010 and 2011.
The last year registration was crazy, thankfully I got my ticket with preregistration invite.

Google did many things right for the registration process this year: there will be no preregistration, everybody will get the change to try to register, they rised the ticket price and they do not allow the tickets transfers (which should hopefully reduce number of tickets being resold on eBay, etc.)

To me the Google IO experience is more than just attending the sessions,  after all you can watch the sessions in the comfort of your home for free. The free hardware is a plus, but it doesn't really matter, I would attend the conference without this as well.

To me Google IO experience is a good boost of creative energy that gets me charged at least for few months after the conference. I could say that it kind of brings the best of software engineer in me (true story, not a cliché).

See you at Google IO!

P.S. keeping my fingers crossed

No comments: