Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Random Act of Kindness

I went to the Fresh Fields grocery store today and while at the register I
realized that I forgot my wallet at home. I started to move my stuff back to
the basket explaining the situation to the cashier. She smiled and offered to
pay for everything, saying that I can bring money back later (it wasn't like
$20, the total was around $140).
The fact of receiving such trust from the person who doesn't know me at all was a really awesome
experience.
I found myself thinking, that with all the negative energy pouring out from the news, radio, TV,
magazines, sometimes we forget that there are a lot more nice people around.
I took the cachier's name and the phone number and of course
brought the cash back in an hour.
Trust, after all, is such a fragile thing, so when you get it, you really
don't want to ruin it.
... still thinking about what happened today ...

No comments: