Monday, February 20, 2012

Android: "About those vector icons"

One of my friend, previously Windows programmer, started to do Android development recently and was confused with all the variations of screen densities and resolutions he has to deal with.
The first heated argument was about why Android can't use one-for-all image resource and scale it properly for different densities.
In fact Android actually does this for you, but the result kind of sucks most of the time.

The next argument was why can't they use the vector graphics for the images.
I remember I was looking into this myself long time ago and found an article with very detailed explanation, thanks to Kirill Grouchnikov. Posting it here so I don't forget the next time where it is:
http://www.pushing-pixels.org/2011/11/04/about-those-vector-icons.html

1 comment:

Android app developers said...

This is one of the useful post.I like your blog details.Nice to read about your post.